Employment at Valor Christian College
Are you interested in joining our team? Click a position below to display
Valor Christian College, The School of the Spirit
, with a campus in Central Ohio,
has exciting opportunities for committed, diligent Christians that desire to use
their gifts and talents to impact the world. Valor Christian College was founded by statesman, humanitarian and New York Times
best selling author, Pastor Rod Parsley. This ministry with its world-wide
platform is affecting every strata of society spiritually, educationally, economically
and culturally through various students who leave prepared for real-life ministry and application of the anointing of God on their lives.
Valor Christian College does discriminate on the basis of religion. All staff
members must be born-again Christians. Please take a moment and review the
following current employment listing for any position that you may be well suited
for at this time.
Valor Christian College - President
Valor Christian College, The School of the Spirit, with a campus in Central Ohio at World Harvest Church, has an exciting opportunity for Holy Spirit filled individuals that desire to use their gifts and talents to serve Christ professionally in the advancement of His kingdom.
The President of Valor Christian College is accountable to the Board of Trustees and provides leadership to the College’s administrative team.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Execute directly or by delegation all executive and administrative duties in connection with the operation of the College.
- Steward the founding vision for the College.
- Establish and sustain an internal institutional culture consistent with the mission, vision, goals, purpose, faith, traditions, and strengths of the College.
- Articulate the College’s vision, mission, and values with external stakeholders.
- In collaboration with internal stakeholders, develop and execute the institution’s strategic plan.
- Foster an innovative environment that attracts and retains high-quality faculty, students and staff.
- Oversee institutional development matters, including College enrollment, alumni relations, and the securing of external funding support.
- Make policy recommendations to the Board on all matters that affect the College.
- Submit and administer the annual institutional budget.
- Ensure compliance with the institutional requirements of accreditors and local, state, and national agencies.
- A personal devotion to Christ evidenced by a godly life and the empowerment of the Holy Spirit.
- An earned doctorate or terminal degree.
- Administrative experience in higher education.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated experience raising funds from private, state, and national sources.
- Strong leadership skills in strategic planning, fiscal planning, and people management.
Director of Recruitment and Admissions
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyze and evaluate strategic and targeted recruitment needs. Plan, implement, and report on enrollment programs addressing such needs.
- Serve as a core member of the Strategic Enrollment Management Team.
- Assist in development of communication strategies to address prospective students, program and enrollment inquiries, application processes, and pre-registration phases of the Valor Christian College admissions process
- Ensure recruitment objectives, goals, budgets, policies, practices, and actions produce successful student recruitment results.
- Interpret complex data to inform and guide decision-making and coordinate these efforts collaboratively with the Administration.
- Works closely and develops partnerships with High School Principals and Counselors from the main feeders for recruitment purposes.
- Work closely with Financial Aid, Advising and the Registrar to enroll, register and package students.
- Work closely with faculty (and especially academic department chairs) to develop program-specific recruitment strategies, marketing collaterals and databases regarding prospective students.
- Create long and short-term planning and evaluation strategies of recruitment processes and programs.
- Coordinate efforts to maintain a strategic social media campaign used to engage prospective students and influencers.
- Manage content, revisions, and accuracy of departmental web pages, working in consultation with appropriate departments.
- Oversee the development and production of college-wide enrollment comparative reports.
- Work closely with the Provost to ensure that marketing and advertising strategies are effective and targeted to support the recruitment goals.
- Identify market demand and develop a corresponding strategy for recruiting in that arena, including distance learning.
- Maintain records of recruitment efforts to track progress and evaluate effectiveness.
- Direct the analysis and reporting functions of all recruitment efforts, statistics, measures, and outcomes.
- Supervise the personnel that works in the recruitment and admissions office.
- Chair and/or serve on designated committees as appropriate.
- Attend and participate in admission-related campus events as needed, helping with coordinating events as needed.
- Serve as the primary backup for recruitment travel if the recruiters are away or at other recruitment events.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in student services, business, education, marketing, or related field (Preferred).
- Four years progressively responsible experience in admissions/recruitment, or related student service area.
- Experience with and a demonstrated commitment to enhancing diversity and working with a multicultural student population.
- Experience in using social media as a platform for recruitment is very desirable.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
- Must display a high level of initiative and motivation to achieve institutional goals, provide excellent customer service, and enroll qualified students. Incumbent must be able to use data to inform decision making regarding recruitment, admission, financial aid, and retention in the application of an enrollment strategy.
- Must have the ability to effectively cultivate and maintain significant working relationships with all internal institutional areas of the college as well as community members and organizations to support the enrollment growth of the college.
- Ability to maintain an established work schedule including evenings and weekends, and travel to all service areas and campuses as needed.
- Superior Customer Service skills and abilities.
- Excellent communication (both written and oral) skills are essential; superior listening skills are also critical.
- Demonstrable interpersonal and organizational skills, and ability to work with students, staff, faculty and other constituents.
- Highly motivated and detail-oriented; work as a member of a team.
- Demonstrates integrity and ethical behavior in all interactions.
- Self-starter; ability to multitask; requires minimal supervision and oversight.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Must be extremely organized with a focus on details and the ability to follow through projects to successful completion.
- Proficiency with computers and related software and applications.
- This position may require traveling.
- No or very limited physical effort required.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
- Work is normally performed in a typical office environment.
- If required must be willing to work evenings and weekends.
General Studies Department Chair
Valor Christian College invites applications for the position of Department Chair for General Studies. The Chair will coordinate general studies course offerings in a variety of disciplines such as English, Mathematics, Communications, Humanities, and Social Science. The Chair provides leadership and must evidence commitment to innovative and relevant education for students. Responsibilities include collaboration and consultation with faculty team to promote maximum commitment and results; maintaining high standards of teaching, scholarship, and service; organizing student advising procedures; organizing faculty teaching loads; assisting with class schedules; developing and maintaining collaborations with other faculty; assisting with planning and assessment; and representing the program in the community at large. The Chair will provide instruction for courses each semester.
Candidates must evidence the following:
- Master's degree in English, Mathematics, Communication, Humanities or Social Science
- Excellence in post-secondary teaching and administration
- Curriculum development experience
- Experience with planning, assessment, and evaluation processes
The Finance Assistant supports students and the Finance Manager. A successful candidate will perform a variety of key finance functions related to student accounts. This individual will interact with students, staff, and admissions staff concerning financial matters daily. This is a valued role in a growing, dynamic organization. Key responsibilities and capabilities Responsibilities
- Students Accounts Receivable:
- Invoice students and sponsors in a timely manner, including tracking outstanding invoices and records of communication with students
- Apply installment plans to student accounts
- Generate student statements, review and categorize aged debt, and proactively follow up with students where payments are outstanding or falling due
- Collaborate with VCC accounting department to process student refunds
- Respond to student, parent, educational counselor and regional office queries regarding student accounts, and answering financial questions they may have
- Record and reconcile accounts related to students and sponsors
- Maintain accurate student records:
- Ensure completeness and accuracy in student records, including but not limited to: income from tuition, accommodations, insurance, and other fees
- Liaise with staff to ensure all students who need housing are invoiced/enrolled
- Provide support in regards to invoice reconciliation and agent commission eligibility
- Identify and process bad debt write offs, following the bad debt write offs policies
- Perform price checks, including updating new prices periodically
- Regularly review policies, procedures, and terms and conditions, and make recommendations
- Work on special projects and other duties as requested
- Extremely high attention to detail and ability to analyze large amounts of data from various sources
- Experience working in a busy, fast-paced, and customer-focused environment
- Desire and ability to engage with students across the globe with a commitment to exceptional customer service
- Ability to build effective working relationships with colleagues both inside and outside finance teams
- Experience working with accounting/operational software packages
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications with particular emphasis on Excel
- Knowledge of best accounting practices, able to perform account reconciliation & analysis, and mathematical ability to troubleshoot balancing problems
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines, with minimal supervision as necessary
- Ability to be flexible in work schedule
- Commitment to excellence in contributing to a positive workplace and goal attainment
- Flexibility to adapt to evolving processes and ability to problem solve effectively
- Associate degree in accounting or equivalent from a college or technical school or related experience
- A minimum of one-year related accounts receivable experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
Environmental Science Instructor
Valor Christian College, The School of the Spirit,
with a campus in Central Ohio, at World Harvest Church, has exciting opportunities for committed, diligent Christians that desire to use their gifts and talents to impact the world. Valor Christian College was founded by statesman, humanitarian, and New York Times bestselling author, Pastor Rod Parsley. This ministry, with its world-wide platform, is affecting every strata of society spiritually, educationally, economically, and culturally through various students who leave prepared for real-life ministry and application of the anointing of God on their lives.
Works with staff, faculty, and students to provide a warm, friendly, nurturing atmosphere, where students can learn the skills required, to obtain the career they need, to have the lives they want. Classroom Instruction. Conducts classroom and lab activities according to program requirements to ensure that students acquire the personal, interaction, and professional/vocational skills to be effective in the career they have chosen to pursue. Student Relations. Serves as a mentor develops and maintains positive and professional relationships with students in order to monitor and resolve students’ concerns. Campus and Community Involvement. Participates in activities and meetings in order to stay informed of current private and political events that will foster professional growth. Title IV Compliance. Tracks and monitors student attendance and other student information to ensure that the College remains in compliance with Company policies, Title IV, and other regulatory agency requirements.
The following job requirements represent minimum levels of education, experience, and competencies/abilities needed to perform this job successfully:
Competencies: Incumbent must (be) able to:
- Education: Environmental Science Instructor - Master's Degree or higher required, with 18 hours in a Natural Science
- Experience: Must have a minimum of four years in the field
- Project a professional image and provide outstanding customer service
- Keep commitments, meet deadlines, and achieve demanding results
- Organize and execute around multiple priorities
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Speak effectively to both large and small groups of people
- Prepare and conduct effective presentations
- Demonstrate excellent listening skills
- Cooperate and collaborate as a member of a team
- Excellent leadership and motivational skills
- Strong training skills
- High ethical standards
- Use Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint to prepare and maintain records, correspondence, reports, and other data
Valor Christian College, The School of the Spirit, with a campus in Central Ohio, has exciting opportunities for committed, diligent Christians that desire to use their gifts and talents to impact the world. Valor Christian College was founded by statesman, humanitarian and New York Times bestselling author, Pastor Rod Parsley. This ministry, with its world-wide platform, is affecting every strata of society spiritually, educationally, economically and culturally through various students who leave prepared for real-life ministry and application of the anointing of God on their lives.
Successful candidates will be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ; maintain a courteous and Christ-like attitude; and agree to adhere to the standards of moral conduct and mission, vision, and values of Valor Christian College and World Harvest Church.
Primary Job Duties:
- Assists with use of library catalog, databases, and other tools; helps locate and evaluate books, articles, and other materials for use in assignments and research;
- Assists patrons in using library equipment including audiovisual machines, photocopiers and equipment for the disabled as needed.
- Assists with library outreach as acting liaison with other college divisions as assigned.
- Participates in collection management of assigned subject areas: uses professional publications to select appropriate books and other materials for purchase; reviews existing collection to determine materials for de-selection; performs physical weeding of collection.
- Utilize professional publications to select appropriate books and other materials for purchase.
- Reviews existing collection to determine elimination and physical de-selection of materials.
- Teaches library research skills and conducts library research consultations, and/or (private sessions) as part of reference service.
- Provides reference services to students, faculty, and staff.
- Assists with formulation of research strategies.
- Enforces library policies and management of library environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Primary Job Qualifications:
- Master s degree in Library Science from an institution accredited by the American Library Association is required.
- Must be able to assess current operations in an effort to develop practical action programs to improve departmental functions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and effective interaction with all students, personnel and guests.
- Must be able to work well with culturally diverse environments and backgrounds and handle all situations courteously with tact and diplomacy.
- Must possess excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, be flexible and innovative.
- Must be familiar with the Internet, academic databases, and other current library technologies.
To be considered for one of the positions above, download the
Valor Christian College Employment Application
(PDF) and email or
fax it along with your resume and a letter of introduction to:
Confidential Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Confidential Fax Line: (614) 834-3324
In your letter of introduction, please express your interest in the desired position,
present your salary expectations, and highlight your qualifications.
Valor Christian College offers competitive wages commensurate with education and experience.
All full-time positions have great benefits, including full family medical, dental
and vision insurance for staff members and their immediate family. We also
offer life insurance, disability, insurance, retirement funds, paid vacations, personal
leave time and paid extended holidays.
Successful candidates will be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ; maintain
a courteous and Christ-like attitude; and agree to adhere to the standards of moral
conduct and mission, vision, and values of Valor Christian College and World Harvest Church.