Employment at Valor Christian College
Are you interested in joining our team? Click a position below to display
Valor Christian College, The School of the Spirit
, with a campus in Central Ohio,
has exciting opportunities for committed, diligent Christians that desire to use
their gifts and talents to impact the world. Valor Christian College was founded by statesman, humanitarian and New York Times
best selling author, Pastor Rod Parsley. This ministry with its world-wide
platform is affecting every strata of society spiritually, educationally, economically
and culturally through various students who leave prepared for real-life ministry and application of the anointing of God on their lives.
Valor Christian College does discriminate on the basis of religion. All staff
members must be born-again Christians. Please take a moment and review the
following current employment listing for any position that you may be well suited
for at this time.
Environmental Science Instructor
Valor Christian College, The School of the Spirit,
with a campus in Central Ohio, at World Harvest Church, has exciting opportunities for committed, diligent Christians that desire to use their gifts and talents to impact the world. Valor Christian College was founded by statesman, humanitarian, and New York Times bestselling author, Pastor Rod Parsley. This ministry, with its world-wide platform, is affecting every strata of society spiritually, educationally, economically, and culturally through various students who leave prepared for real-life ministry and application of the anointing of God on their lives.
Works with staff, faculty, and students to provide a warm, friendly, nurturing atmosphere, where students can learn the skills required, to obtain the career they need, to have the lives they want. Classroom Instruction. Conducts classroom and lab activities according to program requirements to ensure that students acquire the personal, interaction, and professional/vocational skills to be effective in the career they have chosen to pursue. Student Relations. Serves as a mentor develops and maintains positive and professional relationships with students in order to monitor and resolve students’ concerns. Campus and Community Involvement. Participates in activities and meetings in order to stay informed of current private and political events that will foster professional growth. Title IV Compliance. Tracks and monitors student attendance and other student information to ensure that the College remains in compliance with Company policies, Title IV, and other regulatory agency requirements.
The following job requirements represent minimum levels of education, experience, and competencies/abilities needed to perform this job successfully:
Competencies: Incumbent must (be) able to:
- Education: Environmental Science Instructor - Master's Degree or higher required, with 18 hours in a Natural Science
- Experience: Must have a minimum of four years in the field
- Project a professional image and provide outstanding customer service
- Keep commitments, meet deadlines, and achieve demanding results
- Organize and execute around multiple priorities
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Speak effectively to both large and small groups of people
- Prepare and conduct effective presentations
- Demonstrate excellent listening skills
- Cooperate and collaborate as a member of a team
- Excellent leadership and motivational skills
- Strong training skills
- High ethical standards
- Use Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint to prepare and maintain records, correspondence, reports, and other data
Financial Aid Assistant
**This is Potentially a Contract-Hire Position, depending on needs and performance**
- Work cohesively with Enrollment in order to facilitate outstanding services to prospective students and their parents.
- Provide one-on-one counseling to students on available federal, state, and local financial aid programs, eligibility criteria and application process.
- Intakes student financial aid documents and processes those documents through the document imaging system, KANOPISIS, and the student portal.
- Participate in graduation preview, student registration, and quarterly re-entry campaigns as necessary responding to financial aid inquiries.
- Complete weekly reports; assist with monthly accounts receivable reports; attend financial aid training seminars and workshops as required; perform other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor degree or minimum of Associates degree preferred from an institution accredited by an agency recognized by the USDOE.
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in Financial Aid, student services or other federal assistance related programs required or minimum of 2-3 years of previous accounting in a financial institution.
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of state, federal, and institutional financial aid programs, policies, procedures, and regulations and/or institutional aid programs preferred.
- High proficiency with excel spreadsheets, Microsoft software, ability to utilize multiple intranet database and software utilization with technical accuracy.
- Organizational skills; professional written and verbal communication skills required.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to include some evening and weekends required.
To be considered, please furnish a letter of introduction expressing your interest in the desired position, present your salary expectations, and highlight your qualifications along with our employment application. You may visit our website at valorcollege.com to download the Valor Christian College employment application (PDF) and email or fax it along with your resume.
Valor Christian College at World Harvest Church offers competitive wages commensurate with experience as well as a comprehensive benefits plan if hired. Valor Christian College is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified applicants regardless of age, race, color, sex, national origin, disability or any other characteristic as required by state and federal laws and as applicable to churches.
Valor Christian College does discriminate on the basis of religion. All staff members must be born-again Christians. Successful candidates will be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ; maintain a courteous and Christ-like attitude; and agree to adhere to the standards of moral conduct and mission, vision, and values of Valor Christian College and World Harvest Church.
The Finance Assistant supports students and the Finance Manager. A successful candidate will perform a variety of key finance functions related to student accounts. This individual will interact with students, staff, and admissions staff concerning financial matters daily. This is a valued role in a growing, dynamic organization. Key responsibilities and capabilities Responsibilities
- Students Accounts Receivable:
- Invoice students and sponsors in a timely manner, including tracking outstanding invoices and records of communication with students
- Apply installment plans to student accounts
- Generate student statements, review and categorize aged debt, and proactively follow up with students where payments are outstanding or falling due
- Collaborate with VCC accounting department to process student refunds
- Respond to student, parent, educational counselor and regional office queries regarding student accounts, and answering financial questions they may have
- Record and reconcile accounts related to students and sponsors
- Maintain accurate student records:
- Ensure completeness and accuracy in student records, including but not limited to: income from tuition, accommodations, insurance, and other fees
- Liaise with staff to ensure all students who need housing are invoiced/enrolled
- Provide support in regards to invoice reconciliation and agent commission eligibility
- Identify and process bad debt write offs, following the bad debt write offs policies
- Perform price checks, including updating new prices periodically
- Regularly review policies, procedures, and terms and conditions, and make recommendations
- Work on special projects and other duties as requested
- Extremely high attention to detail and ability to analyze large amounts of data from various sources
- Experience working in a busy, fast-paced, and customer-focused environment
- Desire and ability to engage with students across the globe with a commitment to exceptional customer service
- Ability to build effective working relationships with colleagues both inside and outside finance teams
- Experience working with accounting/operational software packages
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications with particular emphasis on Excel
- Knowledge of best accounting practices, able to perform account reconciliation & analysis, and mathematical ability to troubleshoot balancing problems
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines, with minimal supervision as necessary
- Ability to be flexible in work schedule
- Commitment to excellence in contributing to a positive workplace and goal attainment
- Flexibility to adapt to evolving processes and ability to problem solve effectively
- Associate degree in accounting or equivalent from a college or technical school or related experience
- A minimum of one-year related accounts receivable experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
To be considered for one of the positions above, download the
Valor Christian College Employment Application
(PDF) and email or
fax it along with your resume and a letter of introduction to:
Confidential Email Address: email@example.com
Confidential Fax Line: (614) 834-3324
In your letter of introduction, please express your interest in the desired position,
present your salary expectations, and highlight your qualifications.
Valor Christian College offers competitive wages commensurate with education and experience.
All full-time positions have great benefits, including full family medical, dental
and vision insurance for staff members and their immediate family. We also
offer life insurance, disability, insurance, retirement funds, paid vacations, personal
leave time and paid extended holidays.
Successful candidates will be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ; maintain
a courteous and Christ-like attitude; and agree to adhere to the standards of moral
conduct and mission, vision, and values of Valor Christian College and World Harvest Church.